Friday, December 26, 2008

Mailbox

Do you guys remember our old mailbox?

It kinda looked like a bird house, or a gingerbread house? I remember loving it as a kid, because it was so different than everyone elses.

I remember one Spring riding our bikes and "ghost riding" it off the residual snow banks at the curb. Ha, I forgot "ghost riding" entirely until I was writing this post...awesome.

Anyway, I launched my bike for the snowbank where it was supposed to sail through the air and crash into the front yard, but at the last minute, it veered off to the right. So after hitting the snow, it crashed straight up into the mailbox knocking it off entirely.

I dont think that was the only reason...(no, I am sure it was from other stuff too), but it became so wobbly, and loose. Eventually it had to be replaced with a boring mailbox.

Oh well...

2 comments:

Mrs. Olsen said...

Wade no wonder we were meant to be. My mailbox growing up was a little house, shingles and all, with a latched door in the front. It was the gem of the block.

Holly said...

I'd never heard of "ghost riding".
I loved that mailbox, too, but it always seemed to have bees building homes in it.